Antique Maps by Bibliographisches Institut
The Bibliographic Institute is a German publishing company based in Berlin. The publishing house was founded in 1826 by Joseph Meyer in Gotha and later moved to Hildburghausen. It became known among other things by the Meyers Konversations-Lexikon and Brehms Tierleben.
Bibliographisches Institut: Grossherzogthum Oldenburg und Gebiet der freien Stadt Bremen.
Hildburghausen, circa 1865
Steel engraved map of Oldenburg and Bremen, Lower Saxony after Ravenstein from Meyer's Hand-Atlas published by Bibliographisches Institut Hildburghausen. 11896
Old coloured map of Oldenburg, Lower Saxony. Printed in Hildburghausen circa 1865.